My Travel Map

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Trip to Male, Maldives, September 2010

The trip to Maldives was a business development trip. Most people just come to Maldives and stay in a resort and go back. I was lucky to see the Maldives by land, sea and air; as well as spending time in Male. I recommend all to see Maldives in all its glory

View of Water Villas.


View of Maldives by Air (Sea Plane)


Not only did I snorkel but I also went on the “Whale Submarine”

As a sprawling archipelago Maldives (I traveled from Male to the northern most inhabited Island and back to Male) is a breathtaking destination. However, I was shocked to see poverty in the Maldives with a population of just over 300,000. I guess corruption and discrimination is rampant in this tiny nation as well. I must say that Maldives presents a unique problem to any government in having to deliver services to small populations spread across 200 islands (Out of 1192 Islands spread across 90,000 square kilometers)


I believe the only solution is to embrace ICT and use it to reach every person. However, having said that; the ICT literacy among the Maldivian population is also very low. A real chicken or egg situation for the politicians of Maldives to solve. If ever there was a country which can be considered easy to develop it must be the Maldives.

6 comments:

  1. Really Maldives is a best place to visit. Truly awesome post ! It is really very interesting and informative. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy to read it. Thanks for sharing it. i need such type of post that enhance my knowledge. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly awesome post! It is really very interesting and informative. Keep more updates.
    Thanks,

    Corporate Tour | Bollywood Tour | Taj Tours | Royal Rajasthan Tour | Ganga Tour | Tourist Places India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maldive Tours Package - Maldives Island are one of the famous travel destination for Island lovers. There are lots of places for tourist with funny and enjoyable activities. Are you planning for vactions and looking for an unique travel destination where you can go with your family and spend some important time together, if yes then Maldives a good island in the Indian Ocean fascinates tourists from each corner of the world. For more about tours and travel visit and for other destinations in India see Online India Travel.

    ReplyDelete