My Travel Map

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My trip to Hanoi, Vietnam

I returned to Vietnam to facilitate a 2 day planning workshop for the 6 organizations that I did the capacity assessments in January. It felt good to meet everyone and catch up. The workshop went smoothly and I had very positive feedback from the participants.


I was happy to see people genuinely interested and participating / contributing towards the workshop. This ensured a high quality of the results and the buy in by the participating organizations. I put the success of the workshop down to the following:



  1. The CEO / Executive director (ultimate boss) of the organization participated

  2. They had read the organization capacity assessment report and were familiar with the contents.

  3. They were guaranteed of a tangible workable plan at the end of 2 days.

  4. Being open and willing to learn

There is a chance that I may be requested to do some more work for them in the near future; however it seems that this is the end of this phase and the client is happy with the results.


The view from the roof top restaurant near Hoan Kiem Lake.

I stayed at the Trang An hotel; It's in the center of Hanoi, near Hoan Kiem Lake, so quite convinient for walking around, shopping, finding nice restaurant, etc... Had a good time too.

2 comments:

  1. I have been visiting various blogs for my dissertation help research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very inspiring Roshanga! Lucky you to experience the fusion of work and enjoy at the same time...

    ReplyDelete